DELIVERY DRIVER! Harbor Wholesale is expanding!
Hourly Full Time
This route will begin and end in Roseburg, Oregon. The shift will typically start late in the evening and will end mid-morning the next day. Drivers are home every day and work four days a week. Hours worked per day can vary between 10-14 hours depending on the season.
General Summary: The purpose of the Delivery Driver position is to use a company vehicle to deliver grocery products to convenience stores, restaurants, and other customers on a timely scheduled route; make deliveries and pick-ups as assigned and necessary. Deliveries are made using a Lift gate/Ramp and Hand Truck. Preference will be given to those applicants who have multi-stop high volume customer service interaction. Grocery/food/related distribution experience.
Pay: This job is full time with competitive pay from $20-$28 per hour DOE. Great incentives including SAFE MILE BONUSES paid ever 50k miles of accident-free/incident-free driving and RETENTION BONUSES totaling up to $5,000 after just one year. Harbor has available a full line of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k retirement plan and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Transport grocery items to our customers by using time efficiently and ensuring accurate accounting for items delivered or picked up.
- Drivers must maintain safe operation of company vehicles on all public and private roadways and property
- Deliver products by hand truck, using a lift gate/walk board to and from the truck, and take care of any other customer needs such as returns and proper handling of cash money, checks or other items entrusted to them by the customer or the Company
- Drivers will conduct themselves with professionalism as Class A CDL Drivers using safe driving techniques, defensive driving, and abiding by all of the DOT mandated regulations which may apply to their day to day work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of transportation principles and methods for transporting goods by commercial vehicle
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Skilled in using time efficiently and attention to detail
- Ability to use a hand truck and walk-board for delivery of products
- Ability to physically complete physical requirements of job
- Ability to drive commercial vehicles (semi-trucks and trailers up 52 feet, solo trucks, vans, etc.), use a hand truck, use a pallet jack, walk boards, stay bars, etc.
- Ability to work well with other employees to foster a respectful and professional work environment
Education and Experience:
- Acceptable MVR record
- One to three years commercial driving experience, grocery distributing experience, hand truck and ramp work a plus
License and Certifications:
- Class A CDL License required
- Current medical certificate card
Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment Physical Abilities Test, DOT drug test, and have a valid Class A CDL with current Medical Certification Card.