The Urban Food Project is hiring a part-time team member to expand REV’s local produce distribution operation. This position involves administrative tasks and manual labor, organizing, delivering and merchandising fresh produce in Birmingham’s food deserts.
Superior customer service, organization and attention to detail are important to this position. Ability to maintain good relationships is required. This position will deliver produce, do simple record keeping and maintain the warehouse daily. This individual is expected to help grow a small operation with big potential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Urban Food Project staff with creating organization processes.
- Interacting with REV clients including store owners, restaurateurs and their staff to better serve REV’s wholesale client accounts.
- Attractively merchandising produce displays upon delivery of product.
- Maintaining clear and accurate records for delivering produce.
- Loading truck in early morning to deliver to REV clients.
- Maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
Candidates must be able to lift 10-55 lbs. Hours vary depending on season. Must be willing to work early morning hours. This is a contracted position without benefits.
THE URBAN FOOD PROJECT
REV Birmingham assists farmers, retailers, restaurants and community organizations in producing, purchasing, selling and promoting Alabama-grown produce. We physically purchase, sell and distribute AL-grown produce weekly to restaurants, grocers and corner stores in food deserts. This local food distribution system meets the need for healthy food access for the 88,000 Birmingham residents living in food deserts, while positioning REV as a resource to restaurants, retailers and corner stores. Assisting producers to meet high-volume market demand ultimately improves the availability and affordability of healthy foods at markets, retailers and restaurants.