Posting Number S00075P
Position Status Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationship(s) Supervisor
Under direct supervision, drives shuttle bus transporting Elmhurst College students in the local area.
Salary Grade S03
- Drives minibus, van, or lightweight truck to transport students or College personnel.
- Drives vehicle from designated loading areas to campus or class sites and local destinations.
- Assists disabled passengers into and out of vehicle. Secure passenger’s wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip.
- Operates radio or similar devices to communicate with base station or other vehicles to report disruption of service.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
- Keeps records of trips and behavior of passengers.
- Performs other support duties as necessary when not driving.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to adhere to published schedule and willingness to work overtime as needed, including weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain a harmonious working relationship with staff, faculty and students.
- Physically able to perform all tasks including assisting disabled persons.
- Valid driver’s license, commercial license preferred.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background screening process, pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly in order to move objects. Must be able to climb stairs and lift 40 pounds. Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, as required.
Expected hours are Friday and Saturday from approximately 3:15pm-10:15pm. Some availability to fill in on weekday shifts is required and schedules are subject to change. This is a seasonal position during the academic year.
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants