CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Retail division! We are looking for a Grain Operations Specialist to join our growing team. You must be customer focused, hardworking, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This position has the opportunity for growth.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform all job functions as needed to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Blend product as prescribed and/or generate blends.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory and blended product.
- Load and unload products from railcars or trucks.
- Operate heavy equipment as needed.
- Conduct regular house-cleaning duties, processes and record keeping.
- Maintain and keep records on all equipment including legs, conveyors, cleaners, vehicles and all other facility equipment.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins; work in dusty conditions and changing temperatures.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours to meet business demands.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
- Operation of location facilities
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Able to lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Experience operating loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Able to work in dusty conditions and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- CDL license or ability to attain one with HAZMAT endorsement
- Pass a DOT required physical and drug screen
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture background
- Grain, fertilizer, or chemical handling experience