As a Driver IV (CDL A) at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company’s mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you’ll join our Presort Services team in Indianapolis, IN. You will be responsible for:
- Performs random mail piece quality checks such as correct dates; presort endorsement and class of mail.
- Verifies physical container counts, match counts on pick up slips.
- Inspects assigned vehicle per the Pitney Bowes Presort Services pre-trip inspection guidelines and procedures daily. Report any defective findings to the Transportation Supervisor to be fixed immediately.
- Maintains a daily driver’s log or route sheet for mileage, stops and cargo, or utilization of TMW system.
- Maintains pickup and delivery schedules meeting deadlines utilizing software tools.
- Keeps vehicle clean.
- Knows and understands safety and security precautions and follows company policies.
- Regular attendance.
- Ensures the mail is reviewed for proper dates, presort slugs and a pickup slip is attached with each order prior to loading on the truck.
- Ensures USPS equipment is used only for the movement of “Live” mail.
- Returns client damaged or undeliverable mail, following internal handling procedures for damaged secured mail.
- Uses all required cell phone applications.
- Keeps work area clean by ensuring mail bins are under machines or in APC’s, plastic straps are off floor to prevent possible tripping hazards, and sweeping the floors between assigned pickups or deliveries, and all other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates safety and security precautions and follows company policies.
Ability to drive a tractor trailer (semi) truck.