About the Job:
The Regional Sales Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and supervising the Retail Sales Consultants/Reps in their assigned territory. Responsible for supporting Retail Sales Manager and Sr. Director in the successful of execution of business plans in their assigned geographic territory. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Direct the activities of Sales Representatives in the assigned sales area. Coach, counsel, train, and evaluate job performance of subordinates in meeting their assigned objectives and developing their skills. Recommend and implement changes in staffing requirements and assist in the selection process to effect such changes. Administer appropriate company Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Manage the timekeeping process for assigned sales representatives; including preparing, reviewing, approving and auditing payroll information weekly.
- Management of sales representatives Overtime hours and other expenses like travel and appropriate escalation of any issues to Retail Sales Manager
- Ensure execute of company programs within defined area in order to maximize sales, deliver improvements in key profit drivers and ensure customer satisfaction”.
- A key part of the Area Manager’s job is ensuring that his/her team execute the programs developed by account management.
- We also want them identifying/driving KPD improvements (credits, drop size, etc)
- Maintain and foster an effective working relationships with both store management and our vendor partners within defined area.
- Define and communicate goals for the assigned sales area in alignment with Regional Sales Manager.
- Communicate and work as part of a team with other KeHE functional areas to meet all company objectives.
- Assure that established company policies and procedures are followed in the assigned sales area.
- Responsible for route coverage of sales reps that are out on vacation, leave of absence or any other route coverage needs that become necessary.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies as outlined by the company’s Safety Policy; including working safely, reporting all unsafe work conditions or practices and notifying RSM and HR if employee is injured on the job.
- Any other duties as assigned by Regional Sales Manager or Senior Director
- Travel required as needed for route coverage, table tops & other KeHE events.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school diplomas required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the grocery industry.
- Working knowledge of and literacy in computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed, including out of town on business, food shows, and table tops.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed, including some weekends.
- Communicates Effectively; Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of individuals and different audiences. Delivers messages both verbally and written in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. Actively listens and checks for understanding. Articulates messages in a way that is broadly understandable.
- Plans and Aligns; Ability to focus on highest priorities and set aside less critical tasks. Able to lay out a thorough schedule and steps for achieving objectives. Develops implementation plans that allocate resources appropriately. Looks for obstacles and develops excellent contingency plans.
- Action Oriented; Quickly and decisively takes action in fast-changing, unpredictable situations. Exceptional at spotting or seizing opportunities. Exhibits tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations.
- Instills Trust; Able to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity. Honors commitments and keeps confidences. Expresses self in credible and transparent manner. Models high standards of honesty and integrity with self, co-workers and direct reports.
- Optimizes Work Processes; Ability to know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures Accountability; Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives Engagement and Results; Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best and help the organization achieve its objectives. Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Decision Quality; Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift, carry and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit. Required to travel as needed, which at times may be frequently. This work is performed in various climate-controlled retail stores, occasionally in cooler or freezer, and occasionally at a loading dock or warehouse with temperatures vary from very cool to very warm. This work requires driving vehicle daily under all types of weather conditions. The air may be dusty when dusting shelves and product. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.