The Forklift Operator / Jockey safely moves equipment and product around the facility, monitors trailer temperatures, and performs routine yard checks throughout the shift.
- Operate yard truck to move equipment around facility.
- Pre-cool trailers according to the guidelines set forth in the Domestic Transportation Manual.
- Perform periodic yard checks to ensure loads are maintained at proper temperatures at all times.
- Report any vehicle problems and defects to the Supervisor for immediate attention, or if a supervisor is not available fill out a DVCR.
- Assist in unloading, transport, and put away of inbound raw product.
- Timely completion of all required reports and paperwork.
- Inspect powered jacks/trucks for operating conditions and safety.
- Must become certified in the operation of powered jacks/trucks.
- Accurate, timely, and efficient workflow for all assignments.
- Perform all documentation necessary to assigned function.
- Communicate with supervisor, assistant supervisor, clerks, production, and QA as needed.
Position Skills & Qualifications Desired
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Safe driving record
- Able to complete documentation requirements
- Capable of working in a cold (32-36 degrees F) and wet environment
- Flexible schedule with ability to work weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently
Position Experience Qualifications
- At least 2 years working as forklift operator and jockey or truck driver.
Position Education & Training Preferred
- Vocational/trade school certification.
- Forklift Certification a plus