Day routes – home evenings
Good pay and benefits
No selling! But lots of customer contact!
Use your driving skills to help improve the environment!
ARCA Recycling is seeking an experienced Straight Truck Driver to join our team. We are an innovative company dedicated to preserving the environment through energy efficiency and proper appliance disposal.. This is a great opportunity to pursue a rewarding career with an industry leader. Don’t miss out, apply today!
The job: With the assistance of the Route Helper you will go to customer’s home, verify the appliance (refrigerator or freezer) qualifies per the applicable Utility program contract and carefully and safely remove the appliance from the customer home for recycling. The Route Team represents our company in a professional manner striving for customer satisfaction.
A minimum of 1 year recent experience driving a straight truck required.
Previous delivery or moving experience preferably related to household appliances, furniture or similar or warehouse experience. This is a physically demanding position.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism, ethics and compliance.
- Route stops efficiently and complete route in a timely manner.
- Maintains at all times professionalism and courtesy in dealings with co-workers and the customer.
- Treat customers and their property with ultimate respect, consideration, and care by leaving work area at customer's location clean and in condition commensurate with that in which it was found.
- Work in a safe manner while handling appliances during the removal of the appliance from the customer's home or property and unloading appliances at the center.
- Participate in company-sponsored training programs.
- Follow all DOT, Federal, State and Local transportation laws
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Essential Skills and Experience
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards
- A minimum (a must) of 1 year recent experience driving a straight truck.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state; and local transportation laws, regulations and requirements.
- Previous delivery experience preferably related to moving household appliances or furniture
- Aptitude to remain calm, pleasant and professional while under strenuous physical requirements as well as strict time schedules and changing priorities, while performing the job in a safe manner.
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with co-workers as wells as customers.
- Clean driving records
- Valid Class B commercial driver's license (CDL) a plus
Essential Screening Requirements:
- Must be able to pass the DOT Medical Certification (company paid), a company pre-employment physical exam, drug test, insurable MVR and acceptable criminal background check. Position, will also require additional background screening required by the Utility Contract.
- This position is subject to random drug tests for safety sensitive positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with solid work history.
- Basic Computer knowledge and skills to use hand held PDA and/or GPS
This is a physically demanding position; you must be able to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances.
- Frequent lift / carry up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent push / pull up to 100 pounds force.
We offer competitive wage along with benefits that include: Health, dental, life, STD, 401(k), paid vac, sick & holidays.
We are an E-Verify Employer
We are a Drug Free Workplace