Berkeley Farms, LLC, division of Dean Foods Company, the nation's leading processor and distributor of dairy products, has immediate openings for a Class A Delivery Drivers at our Hayward, CA location. At Berkeley Farms, our employees enjoy a great work environment and an outstanding and competitive wage and benefits package that includes healthcare, company-paid retirement, vacation and other benefits provided through Teamsters Local 853.
The Class A Delivery Driver is responsible for operating a Tractor Trailer to deliver dairy products to customers in assigned route. Position involves loading, ordering, delivering, product accounting and other functions involved in servicing a variety of customers. The Class A Delivery Driver is also responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area at all times.
* Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner
* Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensure load is properly secured. Collect empty cases.
* Stacking and dragging of cases of milk with a metal hook
* Collects or picks up empty containers and rejected or unsold merchandise.
* Collection of money from customers and record transaction on customer receipt.
* Ensure that all accounts are maintained according to the published schematics.
* Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily; including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
* Listens to and resolves customer complaints.
* Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
* Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre and post trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.