The Driver is responsible for driving gasoline and diesel powered motor vehicles. This position is located in Branch offices of the INT division. The driver will handle freight transport to meet business needs of the Branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects truck/van and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, to check for defects before and after trips; submits report indicating truck condition.
- Drives cargo van or 24FT Box Truck to transport cargo from/to a warehouse to/from airlines’ or customers’ facilities. May transport hazardous materials with a weight rating of 26,001 pounds or less.
- Assists warehouse workers in loading and unloading truck using forklift (Electric or Propone) or pallet jack (Electric or Manual).
- Receives instructions from Export/Import/Warehouse staff/managers, and follows such instructions to maximize equipment turn times.
- Practices safe driving and good yard housekeeping.
- Chocks wheels of truck after placement at the dock doors.
- Secure load within truck/van
- Insures truck doors is closed and locked, and wheel chock is removed prior to pulling truck from a door.
- Performs Traffic Clerk duties when required.
** Shift to be determined; possible day or evening hours**
Education and Experience
• Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a safe driving record
- Class C license is required
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Experience with freight forwarder deliveries pickups
- Familiar with SFO airport (cargo section of Air carriers)
- Subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with DOT regulations
- Map reading knowledge
- Insurance carrier will exclude any driver with a DUI on record. Such violation will result in immediate disqualification from driving company vehicle
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); certificate from college or technical school
- 1 Year Driving Experience
- Experience in a WH environment for 1-3 years
- Hazmat Endorsement Preferred
Core Competencies and Values • Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, and Customer Focus.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas) Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics. Yusen Logistics (Americas) is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. (“YLA” or “the Company”) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of YLA’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.