Four Oaks is currently hiring a Transporter on a full-time basis in our Iowa City facility. This position provides scheduled transportation services to identified clients throughout the community, completing documentation as assigned; supports agency mission as well as program mission & values, practicing safe & responsible work habits.
- Develops an understanding of the youth and their families.
- Follows assigned route and schedule, following established procedures for same-sex transport when applicable.
- Maintains a safe driving record.
- Wears a Four Oaks Family and Children’s Services employee badge at all times.
- Must maintain speed and driving safety guidelines at all times.
- Ensures that youth is appropriately received at their drop-off site.
- Routinely provides safety check of vehicle.
- Provides incident documentation per program standards.
- Works independently to carry out assigned routes.
Must be at least 21 years of age High School diploma or GED and the equivalent of one-year full time related experience. Valid current Iowa Driver's License is required.
About Four Oaks
At Four Oaks, we believe that every child needs the opportunity to succeed. It’s more than our mission – it’s the passion that permeates everything we do. Four Oaks has grown to become one of the state’s largest agencies devoted to child welfare, juvenile justice and behavioral health. We recognize that children come to us from a variety of circumstances, which makes it important for us to reach kids and families where they are right now. For that reason, we provide prevention, intervention and treatment programs and services.
Although we work with more than 15,000 kids and families in all 99 counties each year, each child is unique and treated as a single, special someone who needs some kind of support. Children may come to us with psychiatric and emotional problems; they stay with us until they feel secure. Some have been in trouble with the law, got into drugs or ran away from home; that’s when we work with them to teach them a better way to live. Others have challenges in the classroom; we teach them in a way that works for them. And when kids need a safe, secure home, we find foster care or a forever family.
Four Oaks offers a comprehensive benefit package, casual work environment, and opportunities for growth & advancement!
Equal Opportunity Employer