The Driver responsibilities will involve loading, securing and driving Company vehicles in accordance with all licensing and DOT regulations. The Driver will deliver finished goods for customer's installation process at jobsite or their shop.
Viking's Driver are home in evenings. Must be willing to have flexible hours. Viking offers a competitive compensation package and full benefits package.
- The Driver follows maps or written directions to deliver to customer's shop or jobsite
- Uses good judgment in assessing jobsite conditions and safe unloading
- The Driver obtains valid signature on all delivery documents
- May operate boom crane or other truck-mounted equipment if needed
- The Driver completes daily required truck inspection
- Completes driver logs as needed.
- The Driver follows all DOT and licensing requirements as needed
- Must be flexible and available for nights, weekends or early morning deliveries
- Lift boxes of material to stage in desired containers for shipment.
- Operates available equipment to ready crates and boxes for loading process.
- Uses available equipment to load and unload pipe and material from flat bed and box type trailers.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the warehouse lead, fabrication manager, or branch operations manager.
- The Driver has appropriate CDL license, class A or B required for this role.
- Helpful to have equipment certifications (crane, industrial truck)
- Minimum of 6 months in a previous driving position.
- Basic keypad and/or keyboard skills.
- Prior experience with RF technology used in bar coding environment helpful.
- 1 year working in a multitask environment while under time constraints.
- Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and decimals.