PPS is looking for strong players to join our team! As a Medical Equipment Technician/Delivery Driver, you will interact with patients and caregivers to provide support for the organization’s Sales & Field Operations. Technician/Delivery Drivers are responsible for providing quality customer service to our patients by delivering and setting patients up on oxygen therapy in their homes and ensuring the appropriate process is followed. This position requires an individual to be very responsible and committed to customer service and safety. Previous experience working with medical equipment or in the healthcare field are a plus but not necessary.
- Work directly with patients in their homes delivering and setting up respiratory medical equipment.
- Instruct patients on the safe and proper use of the equipment being delivered.
- Perform routine equipment checks and ensure patients have complete comprehension of oral and written instructions consistent with compliance requirements.
- Clean and prepare equipment for patient use.
- Perform safety inspections to ensure that the equipment is working properly.
- Completes delivery and pick up paperwork promptly and accurately, including route sheets, manifests and patient/client documentation, returning paperwork to the appropriate facility personnel.
- Provide regular and appropriate communications to operations and sales team members.
- Maintain Company vehicle in a clean, safe operating condition and completing logs per policy and procedure
- Participate in Center in-services and ongoing training opportunities, as applicable.
- Assist with Center tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision after following the first 30 days of employment
- 401K, Life Insurance and Disability coverage
- Paid holidays, sick time, vacation pay
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5pm, rotation in on-call / weekend availability. Additional compensation is paid for on-call duties. Overtime is required.
- Competitive salary
- Growth opportunities exist
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year related healthcare or customer service experience and/or training.
- Must have a valid, clear driver’s license with no moving violations or tickets in the last 3 years
- Must be able to pass background and drug screen.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to transport and set up medical equipment- requires frequent bending, twisting, grasping and squeezing. As well as the ability to withstand kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above the shoulder, and prolonged standing, sitting, ambulating, pushing/pulling, driving and climbing in and out of the van.
- Must be able to work 24 on-call shift on a rotational basis as scheduled and weekends as scheduled (usually 1 weekend a month).
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have great rapport with people
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, data entry)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Pacific Pulmonary Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.