Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Our Route Drivers are entitled to the following incentives:
- A competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term and long-term disability
- A fun environment to grow within and be challenged to be the best you can be!
The Shred-it Route Driver is responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs. The integrity of every Route Driver is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients. The Driver is a member of the Operations team and plays an integral role as the face of Shred-it.
At Shred-it, our corporate vision, mission and values are not just words on a plaque; they are the goals and values that we live by each and every day. Each Shred-it Partner is responsible for upholding and exemplifying these values at all times.
- Overall responsibility for performing onsite and offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment
- Point out security risk areas, and ways to correct them, to the customer
- Answer questions about security and our industry or point customers to where they can get the answers
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Perform mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service in all aspects of the job
- Comfortable in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Understands the importance of detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well in a team environment and is always willing to assist others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class B CDL is required
- One to two (1-2) years of previous route driving experience
- One to two (1-2) years of face to face customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of truck maintenance
- Must be at least 21 years of age, in accordance with CDL requirements
- Excellent physical ability; Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day
- Ability to withstand the physically demands of lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects
Background Check/Drug Test
- Successful completion of comprehensive background check at time of application and throughout employment
- Successful completion of drug testing in accordance with company policies and applicable law
Shred-it is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.