Drivers are responsible for the accurate, damage-free delivery of product via tractor trailers in an efficient and safe manner to fill the Giant Eagle store’s orders, meet delivery schedules, and promote customer satisfaction.
- Drive tractor trailers in a safe and courteous manner to deliver product to meet customer requirements.
- Follow all local, state & federal driving laws and DOT regulations and promptly report all driving violations to Company management.
- Load and unload pallets, product and equipment using pallet jacks according to proper procedures. Push, pull, lift & carry up to 100 lbs. in compliance with all safety rules.
- Push, pull, lift & carry up to 100 lbs. in compliance with all safety rules.
- Ability to pass & maintain DOT medical requirements, the ability to read and speak English.
- Provide excellent customer service by interacting in a professional, friendly, and helpful manner while in the stores.
- Communicate with Logistics and Warehouse Operations personnel to efficiently facilitate the dispatching process.
- Communicate with supervision regarding safety, equipment, damaged goods, and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Perform safety checks on equipment at appropriate times, including trailer temperature checks.
- Verify that the dock door and the trailer are safe and secured prior to unloading the trailer.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and the availability to work the times, shifts, days, and overtime necessary to meet the Company’s production needs.
- Meet and maintain established productivity standards.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and safety rules, including the safe operation of equipment, following all Company policies for the return and delivery process, and helping to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed and assigned.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT medical requirements, and the ability to read and speak English.
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One plus year(s) Class A CDL driving experience
- Basic knowledge of DOT regulations
- City driving experience
- Electric pallet jack experience a plus
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Data Entry
- Carrying Up to 100 pounds
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 100 pounds
- Operating Equipment
- Repetitive Motion
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Telephone Usage
- Communication (verbal)
- Handheld Scanner
- Intercom System
- QUALCOMM On-Board Computer System
- Single Pallet Jack
- Tractor Trailer
5300 Richmond Road, Bedford Heights, OH 44146
Manager, Transportation West