Field Service Technician
(Mechanic/Roadservice/Tow Truck Driver/Automotive/Transportation)
Join our growing team of emergency road service Highway Heroes who stand behind our commitment of providing safety, security and peace of mind to our loyal members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appearance and functionality of assigned service vehicle.
- Adhere to departmental guidelines for insuring that service vehicle has the necessary inventory .
- Maintain a professional appearance .
- Pr ovide approved services, including but not limited to, automotive “first aid,” lockout services, battery diagnosis and replacement, and extrication/transportation of disabled vehicles.
- Insure that member vehicles are left in a safe and operable condition, or that members understand limitations of service or other conditions that prevent further vehicle operation.
- Operate service vehicles in a safe and lawful manner.
- Meet or exceed association Automotive Quality of Service standards .
- Properly invoice members for prescribed services and handle commensurate cash/check/credit transactions. Reconcile daily activity with deposits.
- Effectively communicate using digital devices and dedicated GPS/Dispatch applications in a manner compliant with FCC rules and company guidelines.
- Adhere to all departmental safety guidelines and all local/state/federal hazardous material and driving laws.
(Mechanic/Road service/Tow Truck Driver/Automotive/Transportation)
- Ability to interact with tact and courtesy and maintain a professional demeanor .
- Basic sales ability – increase member understanding and desire for needed and available automotive products and services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic automotive diagnosis and repair.
- Possess strong ethics – treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires trust in others, works with integrity and upholds organizational values.
- Team work – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building positive morale.
- Effective time and stress management
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug testing
- Any combination of education/experience that support competencies.
- Ability to understand, read, and write in English. Ability to speak and listen effectively to customers and employer.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to keep records, maintain inventory counts, calculate daily activity and averages. Ability to interpret automotive test results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision and color vision. The employee must be able to perform physical work in a wide variety of outdoor conditions, i.e., rain, snow, hot, or cold.
Compensation/Benefits include: Great Pay (Our Average Tech earns 34K including their Monthly Performance Bonus – Note, this does not include OT, Technicians that work OT can earn much more). A full benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, 401(k) and a company funded pension plan are available. All of this this plus a 3 to 4 day base work week!
Apply on line at AAA.com.
If you are looking for a career opportunity it’s easy!
Equal opportunity employer (EOE)