Due to our growing Parts business, we are looking to hire an outstanding Parts Delivery Driver with Customer Service Skills along with Parts Experience to join our team!
PURPOSE: The purpose of this job is to assist the customer in obtaining parts in an accurate and efficient manner ensuring W.W. Williams customer Parts needs are met. Furthermore, assists in maintaining an orderly and well-kept Parts Department in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Greets telephone and walk-in customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes core returns and ensure customers receive documentation.
- Document deliveries accurately and follow processes to ensure audit rules are followed.
- Clean driving record.
- Assists customers with placing orders such as the following:
- Determines parts needed by analyzing information/description provided by the customer.
- Provides price quotes and information requested by the customer.
- Checks parts computer for stock items and initiates special orders if necessary.
- Converts or cross references parts numbers in support of W.W. Williams customer service objectives.
- Assists in the physical inventory of the Parts Department.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area according to Company policies and procedures.
- Safely operate a delivery van.
- Load and unload delivery van with parts identified for customers and deliver parts to customers.
- Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Represent W.W. Williams in a positive and professional manner to customers and the public.
- Basic knowledge of heavy-duty truck/trailer maintenance/repair business and the ability to learn mechanical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts.
- Ability to learn W.W. Williams service objectives and apply those objectives in the performance of job duties.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing within the department and other areas of the Company as necessary.
- Ability to work with a variety of customers in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and overtime as required.
- Ability to assist in other work related areas as required.
Minimum Requirements of the position are:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Six (6) months of equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Valid Driver's License and Clean driving record.