Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Communicate changes to delivery schedules, delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
- Resolve customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and or incorrect product being sent from SGWS warehouse.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
- Provide high level of service and communicate additional business opportunities and new leads with customer to management.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- 4X10 work schedule
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e. 4:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or Saturday’s; Overtime will be required at times.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2-5 years driving experience in a distribution environment.
- Must possess a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and a minimum of two years of route delivery/driving experience.
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 35 - 60 pound cases of product.