Position Objective: The Driver is responsible for transporting completed projects to customers from plant facility in a safe and effective manner.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Role and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that product is delivered in a timely manner.
• Ensures load is safely secure in vehicle.
• Abides by all safe-driving requirements, laws and WSPG policies and procedures.
• Fills gas tank after extended trips.
• May be required to drive 3-4 times in each direction.
• Ensures vehicle is operational before transporting materials including tire pressure, oil level, headlights, and directional lights.
• Maintains documentation of vehicle’s maintenance records and notifies supervisor when it is in need of routine, preventative or emergency maintenance.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Degree, GED required. Experience with driving large trucks (CDL not required). Must have driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to facilitate conversations with suppliers, co-workers, management, and subordinates.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of the various driving laws.
• Self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
• Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
• The ability to perform basic math is essential.
• Must be able to thrive in a team environment.
• The ability to speak and write in English.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or moving 50 lbs. may be required. Will be driving for an extended period of time, up to 8 hours. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.