1. Be aware of road conditions/accidents on main routes and assess re-route possibilities.
2. Perform pre-trip and post trip inspection on assigned vehicles, and update driver’s book.
3. Transfer luggage from/to trailers and/or terminals (up to 70 lbs.).
4. Communicate with dispatch regarding location, road/weather conditions, and any problems.
5. Contact dispatch regarding lost and found items.
6. Inform dispatch of any vehicular accidents or vehicles down.
7. Maintain qualifications for Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, including, but not limited to, a background check.
8. Obey all state and federal regulations regarding commercial motor vehicle operations.
9. Fuel van as needed (applicable by location).
10. Work varied shifts as needed.
1. 2 years previous commercial/passenger driving experience
2. 1 year + customer service experience
3. Familiarity with all state and federal regulations regarding all Commercial Motor Vehicle operations.
4. Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and a clean driving record.
5. Must be at least 25 years of age.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
1. Flexibility and sense of humor
2. Effective verbal communication skills with employees and customers
3. Excellent radio etiquette
4. Ability to handle stressful situations.
5. Knowledge of company safety standards, guidelines and requirements
6. Knowledge of main routes and route alternatives
7. Excellent customer service skills
8. Must take and pass an annual DOT physical at a clinic designated by Arizona Shuttle Service.
9. Must pass a pre-employment and random drug/alcohol testing.
10. Must be able to safely lift 70 pounds.
11. Must be physically able to safely change a flat tire, and operate a wheelchair vehicle.