Mobile Mini, Inc. is an international provider of secure and patented portable storage solutions. We were founded in 1983. We have one vision: to be the company of choice for employees, customers and shareholders. We pay and promote our employees based on ability, not seniority. We exceed customer expectations through service, satisfaction and retention. We lead the industry and create shareholder value everyday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The primary focus of this position is to ensure the Mobile Mini units are safely delivered and picked up from customer location. This role will also prepare, receive and provide appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods to ensure timely service. Maintains radio or telephone contact with dispatcher to receive delivery or pick up instructions or changes to dispatch.
- Safely transport Mobile Mini units to/from customer site. This will include: securing unit on the truck, surveying the customer property for obstructions and placement of the unit on the property, and pick-up and/or delivering unit to next customer or returning the unit to branch location
- Provide superior customer service while on job sites to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Prepare and provide appropriate documentation to Mobile Mini customer for the delivery or pick-up
- Inspect units for damage and tracks/documents any damage on the customer property prior to removing the unit
- Complete thorough truck and trailer for pre-trip/post-trip safety inspections
- Follow all federal Department of Transportation, state, and local regulations as well as company safety, environmental, and fleet related policies
- Other duties as assigned
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- Truck – heavy duty
- Tractor trailer both hydraulic and gas powered
- Unit trailer
- Telephone, radio, handheld dispatch equipment
- Load pulling/load securement chains, straps, winch
Education and Experience:
- Has a currently valid Class A commercial vehicle operator’s license issued only by one state or jurisdiction
- 3 years’ CDL Class A experience or 2 years’ CDL Class A experience and a truck driving school certificate required. All required experience must be earned in the last 7 years. Class A experience while serving in the military is gladly accepted
- At least 6 months of Class A or Roll-off truck experience must be within the last 24 months
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Familiar with DOT regulations
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records
- Possess a valid medical certificate and is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle
- Towing experience, preferred
- May be asked to be On-Call nights and weekends
Mobile Mini, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Mobile Mini takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.