The Delivery Driver will work as a part of a team to deliver meals each day to school across New Orleans. The Delivery Driver is a critical member of the Revolution Foods team and he/she will interact with school sites on a daily basis, serving customers and representing the company throughout the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading, organizing truck and final meal component check to ensure fulfilling each school’s orders and efficient deliveries
- Delivery of meals to school sites across the region
- Excellent customer service, serving school customers in a professional, helpful and thoughtful manner
- Final check of correct quantities and proper placement and care of meals, fruit, sides and beverages when distributed to school sites.
- Ensuring all food is safe including appropriate temperature levels for all food
- Collecting and tracking Rev Foods’ food service equipment left at the schools
- Cleaning, maintain and return delivery equipment to designated culinary center location
- On-time receiving, transferring, and organizing food supplies when delivered to kitchen facility.
- Daily morning truck checks to ensure safe driving and delivery of meals and report any issues to Dispatch Manager
- Compost and recycle any materials brought back to culinary center
- Return to proper location all food service
- Regular and consistent communication with Dispatch Manager.
- Following safe driving and workplace safety techniques
- Completing daily paperwork and filing in appropriate place
- Assisting culinary staff with production when needed
Experience and Skills Required
- Experienced and dependable driver (catering/food delivery experience preferred)
- Familiarity with New Orleams driving conditions
- Clean driving record and ability to safely maneuver and operate 16-foot box truck
- Attention to detail, especially with regards to counting accurately and organizing deliveries/equipment
- Able to physically perform requirements of job, including ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs and safely operated wheeled carts and dollies
- Works well with others and participates as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain good relations with school customers and Rev Foods staff
- Takes pride in maintaining a clean, orderly environment and delivering a high quality product to schools
- High level of energy and desire to be part of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and hands-on environment
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission to build lifelong healthy eaters by making kid-inspired, chef-crafted food accessible to all.
- Applicant must at least 21 years of age and be able to read, write and be highly conversant in English
- All applicants must pass background, reference, and drug screens, and present a current MVR printout.