Day routes – homeevenings
Good pay andexcellent benefits
No selling! But lots of customer contact!
Useyour driving skills to help improve the environment! ARCA Recycling is seekingan experienced Straight Truck Driver to join our team. We are an innovativecompany dedicated to preserving the environment through energy efficiency andproper appliance disposal.. This is a great opportunity to pursue a rewardingcareer with an industry leader. Don’t miss out, apply today!
The job: With the assistance of the Route Helper youwill go to customer’s home, verify the appliance (refrigerator or freezer) qualifiesper the applicable Utility program contract and carefully and safely remove theappliance from the customer home for recycling. The Route Team represents our company in aprofessional manner striving for customer satisfaction.
Aminimum of 1 year recent experience driving a straight truck required.
Previousdelivery or moving experience preferably related to household appliances, furnitureor similar or warehouse experience. This is a physically demanding position.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism, ethics and compliance.
- Route stops efficiently and complete route in a timely manner.
- Maintains at all times professionalism and courtesy in dealings with co-workers and the customer.
- Treat customers and their property with ultimate respect, consideration, and care by leaving work area at customer's location clean and in condition commensurate with that in which it was found.
- Work in a safe manner while handling appliances during the removal of the appliance from the customer's home or property and unloading appliances at the center.
- Participate in company-sponsored training programs.
- Follow all DOT, Federal, State and Local transportation laws
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLREQUIREMENTS
Essential Skills andExperience
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards
- A minimum (a must) of 1 year recent experience driving a straight truck.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state; and local transportation laws, regulations and requirements.
- Previous delivery experience preferably related to moving household appliances or furniture
- Aptitude to remain calm, pleasant and professional while under strenuous physical requirements as well as strict time schedules and changing priorities, while performing the job in a safe manner.
- Valid Class B commercial driver's license (CDL) a plus
- Clean driving records
Must be able to pass the DOT Medical Certification (company paid), a company pre-employment physical exam, drug test, insurable MVR and acceptable criminal background check. Position, will also require additional background screening required by the Utility Contract.
This position is subject to random drug tests for safety sensitive positions.
- Basic Computer knowledge and skills to use hand held PDA and/or GPS
Thisis a physically demanding position; you must be able to perform strenuous workunder varied circumstances.
- Frequent lift / carry up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent push / pull up to 100 pounds force.
ARCARecycling, Inc. leads the industry in providing environmentally sound appliancerecycling. We offer competitive wagealong with outstanding benefits that include: Health, dental, life, STD, 401(k), paid vac, sick & holidays.
We are an E-VerifyEmployer
We are a Drug FreeWorkplace