Primary Objective & Scope of Position:
Essential Functions and Accountabilities: Merchandise Delivery
This position is responsible to serve as the Lead for the delivery team as they inspect, load, deliver, and set-up merchandise for customers .
- Manage merchandise to be delivered and returned on trucks during shift: Load merchandise for day’s scheduled deliveries onto truck in a safe and efficient manner. Set up merchandise, verify delivery and return accuracy. Properly rewrap returned merchandise and reload onto trucks. Throughout delivery process, re-shift load to secure for a safe and organized transport. Unload at end of day and place merchandise in proper areas of backroom. Perform deliveries into customers’ homes with responsibilities that include: dignity and respect for customers and their homes consistent with the Corporate Mission Statement; follow established guidelines. Remove all wrapping material, packaging, tie downs, and other waste generated from the delivery from the customers’ home. Follow specific directives issued by store regarding actual work to be done at the home during the delivery or pickup including pickup of old mattresses, completion of paperwork, etc.
- Maintain necessary driving and health records in compliance with state and federal DOT regulations as well as maintaining a safe and insurable driving record in accordance with guidelines established and agreed upon by Slumberland’s insurance carrier. Responsible for daily truck inspections. Perform daily truck maintenance, clean relevant delivery vehicles so as to keep trucks in top running order and to display to customers a professional, clean, and organized delivery system.
- Communicate with store throughout day regarding modifications or changes in delivery routes or specific deliveries. Assist with backroom functions during periods of overflow or work demands and/or during absences of backroom personnel. May be required to design delivery routes.
- Complete all assigned deliveries during each shift in a creative and persistent manner so as to limit customer dissatisfaction with product or experience. Maintain a flexible and cooperative work ethic to facilitate changes that may occur in routes or deliveries throughout the day. Respond to a variety of customer & store demands.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and consistently models safe behaviors and risk reduction procedures. Proper handling, operating, and maintenance of all trucks, power and manual equipment in a manner that will avoid any personnel injury or damage to the vehicle, equipment or merchandise, computers, other office machines and furnishings. Follow pre-established guidelines and manufacturers’ specifications. Clean and maintain a safe, organized backroom at all times. Consistently abide by all company rules and expectations. Wear appropriate clothing in accordance with store delivery policies.