The ReStore Donation Pick-Up Driver assists in procurement strategies of the affiliate. The procurement team picks up donated items from residential homes and commercial businesses. The donations are sold to the public at the Habitat ReStore with proceeds supporting Habitat’s mission of providing decent and affordable housing in the community
NO CDL REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter (including wage expectations). And please indicate whether you wish to apply for full or part time employment.
- Integrity, credibility, commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Able to work outdoors, even in inclement weather.
- Follows all driving regulations and safety standards.
- Effective communication and listening skills.
- Able to safely operate a 16-foot box truck with a lift gate.
- Able to safely move heavy donations using dollies and other provided tools.
Reports to: Development Manager (Procurement Team)
Time Requirements: Full Time (40 hours/week); Part Time (up to 30 hours/week)
Permits and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License
- Pick up residential and commercial donations of building materials, furniture, appliances and other goods as directed by ReStore management.
- Safely drive the ReStore’s 16-foot box truck in order to accomplish donation pick-ups.
- Greet all donors in a friendly manner and act as an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity’s mission in our community.
- Assist other staff in keeping all ReStore trucks and equipment clean and well-maintained.
- Assist other staff and volunteers with other store activities including unloading donations, loading purchases, maintaining store safety and cleanliness, pricing and merchandising donations.
- Provide training and supervision to staff and volunteers as needed.
- Identify ways to continually improve efficiency and safety of the donation pick-up process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Related Skills
- General knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Experience driving large trucks.
- Problem solving .
- First Aid.
Prior to being hired, applicants are required to pass a pre-employment physical which includes a drug/alcohol screening. Additionally, a criminal background check and review of the candidate’s driving history record will also be conducted.
In accordance with the American Disabilities Act:
This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp, and/or hold to complete pick-up, warehouse, storage shed, and shop work. The normal work place will be indoors and outdoors in private residences and business places, and at the ReStore. All LFHF facilities and vehicles are smoke-free. Work will be in non-temperature controlled conditions and outdoors. The position requires persons who are able to safely lift at least 50-100 lbs on a regular and frequent basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lexington Habitat for Humanity Equal Opportunity Employment Policy prohibits discrimination because of race, religion, sex, age, ethnic background, color, national or local origin, creed, ancestry, status with regard to public assistance, marital or family status, disability, military service, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
Lexington Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. This is accomplished by seeking to put God’s love into action by bringing together people to build homes, communities and hope.
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification: