United States Gypsum (USG) Corporation is a leading producer of innovative and award-winning products and systems used to build everything from major commercial developments, and residential housing to home improvements. USG's employees are committed to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety.
We are searching for self-driven and motivated individuals to support our Jacksonville Manufacturing Plant. This is a full-time permanent position with career advancement opportunities. USG’s Jacksonville plant produces ready-mixed joint compounds and manufactures USG’s full line of SHEETROCK® Brand Gypsum Panels. We offer a competitive compensation package that include health benefits on Day 1, a 401k + cash retirement pension plan, quarterly incentive plans for hourly employees, and more!
- Responsible for unloading finished goods from production takeoff.
- Responsible for loading finished goods onto trucks.
- Responsible for unloading raw materials and transfer goods from trucks and rails.
- Responsible for unloading bulk raw materials.
- Responsible for performing inspections of mobile equipment.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job area.
- Know where to look up and how to use VWI’s/JSA’s and Equipment Lockout Analysis sheets associated with this position.
- Must learn the location and operation of all safety devices in the department and insure that they are functioning properly at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of when, where and how to use standard and specialized personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrates knowledge of all department emergency procedures and location and use of emergency equipment.
- Operates equipment in a reasonable and prudent manner.
- Demonstrates ability to protect himself/herself and co-workers from potential safety hazards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the plant’s lockout/tagout program and procedures, including the location and operation of all lockout devices in their assigned areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with other workers in the areas of safety, quality, production, maintenance and understands the importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Have the ability to understand verbal and written instructions from the plant supervising team, while effectively and efficiently performing assigned tasks.