Drives delivery truck or van to deliver or pick up products, render services, and/or collect payment from customers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives company vehicle to deliver lumber, building materials, hardware and other building and maintenance supplies to customer's home, construction site or place of business
- Collects payment from customers on COD orders and records customer information according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Verifies order details and obtains customer signature on store copy of delivery ticket
- Follows directions or uses a map to locate delivery addresses or locations efficiently
- Records all pertinent delivery information as needed for accurate tracking
- Collects and organizes required paperwork for delivery and transfer activity
- Treats all customers with courtesy and respect. Acts as a customer service liaison between the site customer and store personnel, including listening to and assisting in resolving customer complaints
- Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner
- Collects or picks up empty containers, rejected or unsold merchandise from delivery sites as directed
- Loads vehicle safely and accurately
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the inside and outside of delivery vehicles
- Performs routine safety check on vehicles according to company guidelines
- Assists in yard and warehouse with stocking, loading and organizing materials
- Assist customers in the yard with loading material and product questions when not driving a delivery truck
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position
- Complies with all company safety standards, and all federal, state, and local laws
- Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS (for all driver positions, regulated and non-regulated)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to meet the driver eligibility guidelines for the Company
- Must successfully complete all Company training and certification requirements regarding equipment usage, including obtaining McCoy’s forklift certification
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway signs and signals and to respond to official inquiries
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.