*** HOME EACH NIGHT! LOCAL JOB SITE DELIVERIES ***
A Carter Lumber Delivery Specialist with CDL is responsible for transporting and dropping off materials while providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers. This is accomplished by appropriately using company vehicles and equipment to deliver products to customers in a safe and timely manner. Safety, building loads, inventory control and product knowledge are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
- Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials
- An acceptable driving record and a current CDLA license
- Familiarity with building materials and delivery equipment is desirable
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Responsibilities of the Position :
- Responsible for delivering material to customer’s jobsites using the most efficient route available.
- Complies with all highway rules and regulations.
- Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional service.
- Assists customers with loading and/or unloading of materials while at the job site.
Knowledge & Training:
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials.
- Accurately pulls and stages materials to be picked up or delivered to ensure schedules are met.
- Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received.
- Follows all policies and procedures in the yard including sales, inventory and safety.
- Properly uses and maintains all equipment.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan