Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Our Shredding Specialists are entitled to the following incentives:
- A competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term and long-term disability
- A fun environment to grow within and be challenged to be the best you can be!
The Shredding Specialist is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Shredding Specialist must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment.
At Shred-it, our corporate vision, mission and values are not just words on a plaque; they are the goals and values that we live by each and every day. Each Shred-it Partner is responsible for upholding and exemplifying these values at all times.
- Unload shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch
- Operate and maintain baling machinery at the branch
- Ensure all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required
- Perform shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program
- Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required
- Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards
- Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service in all aspects of the job
- Comfortable in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Understands the importance of detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well in a team environment and is always willing to assist others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class B CDL is required
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Six (6) months as a certified forklift driver is preferred
- Basic Knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance
- Excellent physical ability; Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day
- Ability to withstand the physically demands of lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects
Background Check/Drug Test
- Successful completion of comprehensive background check at time of application and throughout employment
- Successful completion of drug testing in accordance with company policies and applicable law
Shred-it is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.