Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Delivery Courier position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This position will be scheduled Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and compensation will start at $15.75 per hour.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Novitex is looking for a hardworking, self-starter who is friendly and engaging with customers and co-workers to provide mail and logistic services. This position is very active with requires flexibility and patience. To be successful this Courier Driver must demonstrate a willingness to accept and drive innovation and process improvements. This courier driver will be take direction from on-site dispatcher and should feel comfortable working alone or in a team environment.
As a Delivery Courier you will:
- Respond to requests
- Operate hand held radio
- Receive and acknowledge directions for package pick up
- Pick up and deliver packages to assigned address or person
- Collect proper signatures for deliveries to customers utilizing on site tracking software
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation
- Adhere to business guidelines, company policies and safety regulations
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and company personnel
- Providing customer service to all customers via email, phone or face to face in a professional manner
- Drives a company vehicle to perform pick-up/delivery service for customer on an as needed basis; vehicles range from a cargo van to a 24’ box truck
- Perform other duties as assigned
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Minimum of 1 year Courier service related experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record; MVR check and DOT screening
- Must attain satisfactory completion of specialized training regarding transportation of hazardous materials
- Must meet and maintain the Novitex Motor Vehicle Requirements, to be audited annually
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Excel and Word specifically
- Shipping and or mail services experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and computer skills
- Ability to effectively work individually or within a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks
- Ability to meet employer's attendance policy
- Willingness to cross-train for other job functions
- Able to work Monday – Friday and be available for overtime and weekends as needed
The job requires an individual to be able to do the following with or without accommodation:
- Must be able to lift 25lbs. to 70 lbs. throughout the day or the maximum required by state law
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time in one place
- Ability to bend, reach, squat, push/pull a mail cart with up to 400 lbs capacity