About Sid Wainer & Son
Sid Wainer & Son, based in New Bedford, MA, has been the most prominent importer and distributor of specialty produce in the country since 1914. In addition to produce, Sid Wainer & Son offers cheese and specialty foods, including their exclusive Jansal Valley® line. Sid Wainer & Son supplies over 25,000 of the finest restaurants, hotels, gourmet shops, retailers, and caterers both domestically and internationally.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate manual and automatic 26 ft. delivery trucks
- Ability to interact with Sid Wainer & Son customers and be a frontline representative of the Company
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to pass a Department of Transportation Road Test
- A minimum of 6 months of verifiable employment driving experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Physically able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move/push/pull/lift items weighing from 60 lbs to 200 lbs
- 4 -5 day work week and able to work overtime
- Able to pass pre-employment/random drug tests
- Able to follow oral and written direction
- Qualified applicant must have reliable transportation
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation field
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Employee must be able to work independently and demonstrate a commitment to company standards to product quality and keep work area/vehicle clean, sanitized, and organized
- Performs deliveries, pick-ups, and returns of produce, dairy products, and dry goods to from Sid Wainer customers and suppliers.
- Uses of the UPS Logistics Mobilecast program to review route assignments and log whereabouts while making deliveries using a Nextel/Sprint Direct Connect handset/phone.
- Reviews paperwork for assigned route(s) to ensure that all invoices are present and in good condition.
- Inspects cargo loads to ensure that they are packed appropriately.
- Prepares customer orders by verifying them with delivery invoices for accuracy, delivering them to customer facility, and assisting with check in and placement of products at the client facility. Receives signatures on invoices for items delivered and collects any cash on delivery payments when necessary.
- Makes Dispatch and supervisors aware of any delivery delays, shorts, errors, or quality issues that may require a reship to the customer immediately.
- Completes, organizes, and turns in all appropriate paperwork and invoices, making sure that all checks and monies are balanced and included in the drop.
- Ensures that all vehicles are cleaned out properly and the end of each shift.
- Completing any other delivery related or company related duties that may be needed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- Quarterly bonus pay
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance (Company paid)
- Employee Discounts
- Year-round work/Fulltime hours
- Alcohol & Drug Free workplace