CDL Drivers are responsible for transporting goods from distribution centers to cross dock locations to make deliveries and complete paperwork. Works closely with internal departments to ensure product is delivered to location in a timely manner while staying compliant with DOT regulations.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Drive truck to destination
- Load and unload delivery trucks to make the appropriate deliveries to the cross docks on their route.
- Complete paperwork necessary for company and DOT regulations
- Help solve problems and make informed decisions that affect the service and profitability of the company
- Performs related duties as required, to include updated route directions, stop to stop, for all routes.
- Communicate with logistics manager and shop manager on maintenance issues and preventative maintenance of trucks.
- All other duties as assigned
SALARY RANGE Up to $.46 cpm
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education:. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Training: Three to six months on the job training required
License: Must attend a training program from a technical or vocational school in order to learn suitable skills and knowledge to obtain the Commercial Driver´s License (CDL). Must maintain relative endorsement for the specific state and remain insurable at the standard insurance market rate. Must possess and maintain a valid DOT Medical Examiners Card. Must be available for and able to pass Random Substance Abuse Testing as required by DOT.
Experience: Minimum of one year of driving experience with trucks over 26,000lbs.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to process daily route paperwork accurately and neatly
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain records and documentation.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and provide instructions verbally and written
- Ability to work varied hours/days
- Planning/organizing and follow up skills —the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans and follows up to ensure compliance.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Communication - Must have excellent oral and written communication skills up and down organizational structure.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent standing, and walking. Talking, hearing, and seeing are essential. Must have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Special Demands: Ability to work under general supervision and make independent decisions. Must be able to effectively interact with varying situations and personalities. Must be able to travel, day/overnight routes.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.