The Non-CDL Driver is responsible for ensuring the safe travel of the residents, visitors, and employees of the facility. Requires licensing and certification. Work availability must be flexible to work Monday - Friday and Weekends/Holiday Day Shift. This is a temporary with the potential of being permanent opportunity.
1. Transporting residents, staff and visitors on scheduled and unscheduled appointments.
2. Operates vehicles equipped with wheelchair ramps, and lifts.
3. Operates non-CDL passenger buses, vans and sedans.
4. Helps to maintain cleanliness of vehicles.
5. Prepares vehicles for usage, including performing pre & post trip vehicle inspections, refueling, and other related tasks.
6. Logs and tracks vehicle usage.
7. Assisting passengers with boarding and off-boarding from the vehicle.
8. Assisting residents, staff, and visitors with their packages, bags, and mobility aid devices for transportation and within the community.
9. Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or accidents involving Company vehicles
1. A positive attitude and willingness to work with a diverse population.
2. Detail-oriented and dependable.
3. Ability to work with computer systems.
4. Ability to operate Community vehicles safely; to include non-CDL passenger buses and sedans, demonstrated by successful completion of a road test.
5. Ability to operate vehicles equipped with wheelchair ramps and lifts, including securement systems.
6. Able to read maps, follow turn by turn directions, and navigate safely in traffic.
7. Acceptable history of safe driving as noted through a 3 year driving record check.
8. Minimum of three 3 years of verifiable driving experience as noted through driving record check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required. Transportation services preferred.
Come join our award-wining team! Greenspring recently won:
2015 Best Nursing Homes - US News and World Report
2015 & 2016 Top Work Places - Washington Post
2015 Healthiest Employer - Washington Business Journal
Greenspring is Metro accessible via the Springfield/Franconia Metro stop. Greenspring has a free shuttle service to and from the Metro.
At Greenspring, you’ll find a community centered on values. Here, qualities like respect and caring, communications and teamwork are complemented by a commitment to professionalism and an enthusiastic spirit. We’re dedicated to setting the standard of excellence for resident and employee services, providing each individual a warm, supportive environment and the resources they need to Live Better every day.
If you’re passionate about serving seniors, we hope to meet you. Our commitment to our employees’ shows in many ways, including our family-friendly benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision plans, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Life Insurance and Tuition reimbursement.
Apply online at www.elmjobs.com and click on “Job Search” and search for jobs in the Springfield, VA area. EOE
Greenspring is a Tobacco Free Community.