To operate a Tractor-Trailer vehicle, observing all road, highway and DOT guidelines, in a safe and efficient manner, and transferring merchandise from the distribution center to retail customer over an assigned area.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2 years prior experience of OTR driving experience or training school equivalent. Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A required.
- Operate Tractor-Trailer and/or straight truck in a safe and efficient manner.
- Deliver merchandise to assigned customers.
- Pick up back-hauls and return merchandise.
- Complete all required paperwork and logs at the end of each trip.
- Maintain contact with retailers and accounts receivable specialists.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers, and management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must. Ability to follow safe working practices, as instructed. Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry, lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit and drive. The employee is frequently required to stand, climb and walk. Must be able to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a warehouse environment where temperatures can vary from very cool to very warm. The associate is also exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise levels in the work environment are typically low to moderate.