Long Haul Drivers report to Warehouse Supervisor / Branch Manager. - 2800 miles round-trip per week
Where applicable, passport required for travel into Canada (company will provide assistance in obtaining).
- $0.41 per mile. No per diem
- Drop & hook: paid 1 hour at hourly rate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for providing efficient and courteous service to customers while delivering product; completing all paperwork required by the Branch and by Corporate Traffic; properly maintain equipment used
- Completion of all paperwork per Standard Operating Procedure, in an organized, timely and legible fashion
- Make sure truck is not overloaded and is in compliance with all weight, safety and placarding regulations
- Follows all DOT rules and regulations - driver logs, hours of service rules, weight regulations, placarding regulations, proper license, etc.
- Keeps vehicle clean and reports all maintenance requirements to Supervisor promptly. Performs pre-trip & post trip inspections daily
- Report all customer deliveries through proper paperwork. Always get customer's signature on delivery document
- Retain original receipts for all tolls and fuel purchases. Complete Driver Trip report each week for Highway Use and Fuel Taxes.
- The following profiles will be used when reviewing a driver’s history:
- Two moving violations and/or preventable accidents in a twelve month period will result in an employee being placed on 90 days probation and/or required to take an authorized defensive driver course.
- More than two moving violations and/or preventable accidents in a twelve month period will result in driver disqualification.
- Four or more moving violations and/or preventable accidents in a 36 month period will result in driver disqualification. According to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation 391.25, a motor carrier must consider any evidence that the driver has violated any applicable Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations in this subchapter or Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR chapter I, subchapter C). This would include all known violations, whether or not they are part of an official record maintained by a State, as well as any other information that would indicate the driver has shown a lack of due regard for the safety of the public. Violations of traffic and criminal laws, as well as the driver’s involvement in motor vehicle accidents, are such indications and must be considered. A violation of size and weight laws should also be considered. Therefore, in reviewing a driver’s safety performance, Exide Technologies will consider all hours of service violations drivers incur while operating commercial motor vehicles for Exide as well as all Roadside Inspection violations incurred and noted against a driver’s record on the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration’s web-site for SafeStat and Comprehensive Safety Analysis (CSA) 2010.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 22 years of age and 2+ years driving experience and valid CDL-A w/Hazmat endorsement a MUST
- Physically demanding job. Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds or more