Trancy Logistics America, a leader in warehouse management and logistics services, is seeking a non-exempt forklift position responsible for the execution of operational procedures at the Company’s receiving and distribution operation at Sumitomo Electric Wiring System’s Marysville, OH distribution center. Work activities include receiving, moving, and checking product as well as the processing, pulling and checking of outbound orders. We have both 1st and 2nd shift positions available.
- At beginning of each shift proceeds to warehouse area and performs operations and safety check on forklift including battery, brakes and lift controls.
- On a daily basis, executes written procedures covering individual warehouse activities.
- Operates forklift using safe procedures to pull, load and move materials.
- Performs warehouse activities as assigned by Team Leader including receiving flow of inbound materials, put away of materials to storage areas, receipt of outbound orders, pulling and scanning of outbound orders, cycle counts, cleaning and any other activities.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated areas within the warehouse.
- Unloads and stacks materials by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Bands all palettes and stages for shipment preparation.
- Operates a variety of equipment including forklift, shrink wrap machine, scanner, copier , and fax machine.
- Checks for quantity and inspects for damage of materials and reports any problems to the Team Leader immediately.
Miscellaneous & Other
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Follows up to complete any assigned work.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisor for solution.
- Maintains good communication with supervisors, staff members and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
- Education & Work Experience
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of similar work experience including working in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift Operator: 1 year
Trancy Logistics offers competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, 401-K, PTO banks, and paid holidays. Trancy Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay rate starts at $12.25 on 1st shift and $13.25 on 2nd shift.