Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- Loads and unloads truck with assistance from order pullers.
- Makes sure load is accuracy.
- Checks for damages
- Checks material against work order, paying attention to product on ticket and customer name of boxes/pallets
- Complete pre and post trip inspections according to CSA2010 regulations.
- Wrap and tie down material to insure safe delivery; making sure to keep product dry during inclement weather.
- Follows all safety precautions to, during and from deliveries; following all OSHA rules on jobsites.
- Places material in area designated by customer following safety rules.
- Weather conditions may call for designation changes
- Any changes should be reported to supervisor
- Observe all warehouse safety rules. Report all accidents and injuries to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain all DOT qualifications, including keeping DOT card up to date.
- Displays excellent customer service with internal and external customers; always having a positive attitude.
- Drives truck carefully on deliveries and pick-ups, always being safe and observing traffic rules. Uses best judgment in hazardous areas, avoiding getting stuck in mud, watching power lines and pre-accessing job sites.
- Report any delays that might affect the customer to your supervisor immediately (i.e. traffic, road blocks, and inclement weather).
- When returning from deliveries, unloads truck and makes any necessary changes on paper work and reports to supervisor; always puts material in designated areas.
- Become familiar with delivery/pickup territories to be able to make prompt deliveries.
- Maintains NO RIDER policy; only authorized personnel in trucks.
- Call Supervisor/ Manager before accepting return merchandise.
- Consistently improve product knowledge to be able to identify material being delivered. Know where material safety data sheets (MSDS) are and how to use them.
- Learns identity of materials being delivered.
- Maintains neat and clean appearance. Wears proper attire for job safety while maintaining acceptable appearance (i.e.: Wears steel toed shoes, wears shirt during summer).
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a positive attitude to internal and external customer.
- Loads trucks in manner that load will be secure and will not be damaged.
- Performs other duties as assigned; and follow all PDI policies and procedures.
- You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT and exhibit all PDI Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 years' expereince driving a 24 or 26-foot box delivery truck or a larger and working in a warehouse environment.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical; clean driving record is required.
- Candidate must have good communicationand customer service skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations a plus.
- Must be able to sit/stand 8-10 hours and lift 75#.
- Canidates must live in the Nashville or Clarksville areas.