Drive tractor-trailer truck to transport products/materials to specified destinations.
Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
Drives truck to weigh station before and after loading, and along route to document weight and conform to state regulations.
- Maintains driver log according to FMCSA regulations.
- Inspects truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Loads or unloads, or assists in loading and unloading truck.
- Inventories and inspects goods to be moved.
- Wraps goods using pads, packing paper, and containers, and secures load to trailer wall using straps.
- Gives directions to helper in packing and moving goods to trailer.
- Valid Class A - CDL License
- Clean Driving Record
- Must meet the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Must pass pre-employment background check/drug screen