To operate straight truck (tandem w/box) ≤ 30,000 lbs in load weight to deliver goods to customers.
- To load or assist in loading trailer with materials. To unload or assist in unloading trailer by using forklift or hand truck. Moves up to 3,000 lbs on hand truck.
- To operate semi-truck with one or two trailers, according to state laws. To transport loads over required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- To chock rear wheels of truck or trailer prior to unloading. To remove chocks prior to driving away from shipping dock.
- To obtain shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paper work to shipping office. To maintain any related records required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds.
- To remove empty skids from trailer truck and carry to designated piling area.
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. To report any maintenance malfunctions to shipping and/or warehouse supervisor.
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Good attendance required
- To use hand truck to rearrange loads in shipping department area.
- To switch empty/full trailers in shipping yard on off-shifts for optimum loading patterns on the following day.
- To sweep out truck body on off-shifts.
- To perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Have a valid CDL (with hazmat endorsement).
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely.
- May, at times, sit in trailer cab for periods of time.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.