This position serves as a subject matter expert to provide workplace safety guidance and consultation to Regional operations management and employees.
* Provides frequent on-site consultation and direction to regional personnel concerning workplace safety, regulations and means of compliance.
* Provides consultation and direction to the Regional operations related to DOT regulations and transportation safety that impact operations
* Provides environmental compliance consultation and awareness training with all levels of management.
* Consults with claim adjusters, insurance broker personnel, insurers or others as a safety resource, but not as a claim handler.
* Leads accident investigation activities for major events in the Region as directed by management.
* Provides technical leadership to Regional operations regarding OSHA, EPA, DOT or other environmental, health or safety enforcement activities at work sites and leads activity to resolve citations.
* Oversees environmental compliance and remediation activities with local management to assure that such compliance or remediation activities are carried out timely and completely including regular testing, monitoring and evaluation, including monitoring required by environmental permits and exposure monitoring and evaluation within the workplace.
* Conducts formal safety compliance audits including formal management reports and guidance related to any audit findings.
Bachelors Degree in Environmental Safety and Health, Insurance or related field. Minimum of eight (8) years plus related experience in safety, workers compensation and/or insurance. A valid driver’s license is also required.