Colonial Fuel and Lubricant Services, Inc. is a family owned, well-established, award winning, 93 year distributor of fuel and nationally branded lubricants and Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Colonial has locations in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina.
The Transport Driver is responsible for the safe and effective delivery of Colonial’s products and services to the customer. Colonial’s drivers play a critical role in shaping our service reputation as a company. The Driver must exhibit a thorough understanding of the equipment being operated and the products being delivered.
- Drives local truck to transport Fuel & Lubricants to and from specified destinations, such as plants, offices, industrial yards
- Maintain equipment so that it is kept clean and organized
- Drivers are the face of the company and will be expected to look and conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Thorough understanding of equipment that will be operated including: pumps, hoses, nozzles, and Smartruck software
- Lifting and carrying long hoses in order to dispense product at customer locations
- Maintains drivers log according to state and federal regulations
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water
- Responsible to perform pre-trip, post-trip, and in-transit inspections
- Responsible for ensuring load is locked, braced and secured
- Expected to understand the applicable procedures in the delivery process
- Inspect tank inventory – Check tanks to ensure proper delivery
- Minimum 2 years driving experience.
- Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements
- Must have more than one year of fueling experience
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- Customer Service oriented
Qualified candidates will exhibit a commitment to integrity, professionalism and the overall satisfaction of our clients and customers.
This position offers a competitive salary along with bonuses and benefits.
We are EEO/AA Employer