Use your driving skills to help improve the environment! ARCA Recycling, Inc is seeking an experienced Straight Truck Driver to join our team. We are an innovative company dedicated to preserving the environment through energy efficiency and proper appliance disposal. In this role you will go to the customer’s home, verify that the appliance qualifies, and carefully and safely remove appliances for recycling. This is a great opportunity to pursue a rewarding career with an industry leader. Don’t miss out, apply today!
As a Route Driver, you will be responsible for safely operating a straight truck, maintaining professionalism at all times, and completing the route in a timely manner. One of your highest priorities will be to treat customers and their property with ultimate respect, consideration, and care by working in a safe manner and by leaving the work area at the customer's location clean.
You must have 1 years recent experience driving a straight truck.
- Completing daily vehicle pre-trip inspection reports and reporting all unsafe conditions to the supervisor
- Completing driver log as well as cleaning the truck bed and cab on a daily basis
- Reporting all damage to trucks, property or customer home immediately
- Assuming responsibility for company-issued tools and equipment
- Protecting the company's assets from internal/external theft
- Participating in company-sponsored training programs
- Working in the warehouse and load scrap truck as needed
Route / Delivery Driver
If you are a safety-conscious Driver, interested in working for a company that helps improve the environment, this is the position for you! Take a look at the requirements below to see what you’ll need to qualify for this exciting opportunity.
Route Driver requirements:
- High school diploma
- 1+ years of recent experience driving a straight truck
- A clean driving record and background check.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local transportation laws, regulations and requirements
- Previous delivery experience, preferably related to moving household appliances or furniture
- Aptitude to remain calm, pleasant and professional while under strenuous physical requirements, strict time schedules and changing priorities
- Pass the DOT Medical Certification, a company pre-employment physical exam, drug test, insurable MVR and acceptable criminal background check
- Basic Computer knowledge and skills to use hand held PDA and/or GPS
- Ability to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances
Route / Delivery Driver (CDL)
We are proud to offer a competitive wage along with outstanding benefits!
- Health, dental, life, STD
- Paid time off (vacation/sick/holidays)