ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Performs various duties related to shipping and spotting trailers. All work-time will not be spent as spotter and there is an expectation to assist in the shipping department as needed and directed. Duties and requirements of this position to include but not limited to:
• Move semi-trailers from one location to another.
• Scan and load finished product onto trucks as directed using hand carts, verifying accuracy for count.
• Staging product to be shipped
• Responsible for safety and good housekeeping practices to include:
• Maintaining cleanliness of shipping dock, dock yard area and other grounds surrounding building, including trash, snow and ice removal
• Perform daily maintenance checks of vehicle and report any safety or mechanical issues immediately.
• Performs duties of general help as required
• Good communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License and agree to authorize Hollander Home Fashions and its insurance agent to receive any motor vehicle report or driving history record pertaining to your driving record which may be in the files of the State or local department of motor vehicle agency.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the time is spent walking and standing or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift material or equipment (typically less than 50 lbs).
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment is seasonably hot or cold in work areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lunch break will be designated by management. Ability to work a flexible schedule required and may also need to work overtime as needed. This is an hourly position.