Monday - Thursday avg 40 hours
General Summary: The purpose of the Driver Assistant position is to assist a CDL driver who uses a company vehicle to deliver grocery products to convenience stores, restaurants, and other customers on a timely scheduled route; make deliveries and pick-ups as assigned and necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist CDL Drivers on routes and general customer service.
- Transport grocery items to our customers by using time efficiently and ensuring accurate accounting for items delivered or picked up.
- Ability to be overnight out of Medford on route assistance.
- Deliver products by hand truck, using a walk board to and from the truck, and take care of any other customer needs such as returns and proper handling of cash money, checks or other items entrusted to them by the customer or the Company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Skilled in using time efficiently and attention to detail.
- Ability to use a hand truck and walk-board for delivery of products.
- Ability to physically complete physical requirements of job.
- Ability to work well with other employees to foster a respectful and professional work environment.
Education and Experience:
- Acceptable MVR record.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Customer service, and warehouse/grocery distributing experience a plus.
License and Certifications:
- Driver’s License required.