High School or equivalent
The Receiver will help warehouse managers receive incoming merchandise and sort in appropriate location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Off-load stock merchandise from delivery trailers.
- Reads customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Drives vehicles (forklift and pallet jack) to transport items within the warehouse.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Put stock location away in appropriate place.
- Performs dropdowns to keep items to be picked at eye-level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read invoices.
- Ability to follow written and verbal assembly directions.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with an ability to converse, read & write in English
- Ability to “think on your” feet in a fast paced environment.
- Basic computer and math skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
W.B. Mason Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled